Friday, January 25, 2013

Rode today

I felt like I needed to ride after the last week of buying, hauling and stacking hay and then I bought bagged horse feed yesterday.   So I had a lovely short ride on Shade, finally using my new Skito pad that I've had for 2 weeks or more.   What little riding I've done in that time was on Ms. Sadie.   

Yesterday I renewed my AERC membership and finally got Sadie enrolled.   Now I must keep riding her and get her ready to do the official rides.   She is progressing and I think she will be fine but I should try to organize taking her to some lessons and trail rides to get her more exposure before entering rides since there is a lot of horse adrenalin flowing at the official AERC rides and my horses have always picked up on that and been more up than normal. 

No comments: