Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm only a weak Broncos fan

I don't even watch their games if prime riding weather overlaps.  Might catch the starts if they are playing in the east and are the early game or when the days are short I'll catch some final minutes of the game when they are the second Sunday game.  And I'm usually reading or web surfing and not focused on the game then.

So I'm surprised how hard it hit me when they lost to the Ravens on Saturday.    I felt like the night of Nov. 6 all over again.   Why oh why are the bad guys winning?   Its silly - the Bronco's are not some perfect sportsmanship team.  I think Peyton Manning is a class act and the conservatives at AOSHQ like to rail a bit when sports commentators slobber over Ray Lewis who probably killed a man in a bar fight so there is a little bit of "face of the team"  nice guy vs.  thug that got away with it and possibly cleaned up his act a little bit and focused on job.   But overall --Bronco's hired the cheater's apprentice as head coach a few years ago and he was let go because they were losing and Josh had hired the videographer who had got caught doing illegal filming when he worked for the cheatriots under Bellicheat and the dummy got caught doing it again.

Only god knows if Bowlen would have fired Josh if he was getting wins and they got embarrassed by the cheating videoing but LOSING and getting caught cheating was too much.  And they were mealy-mouthed at best in handling going after Peyton and dropping Tebow as part of that deal after Tebow rescued the franchise in 2011 when the team was not just losing but playing a boring game with the losses at the end and Denver city/county itself is a stupid hive of leftist voters, and I suspect also of some campaign volunteers that posed as election workers for early voting and fed the machines 'on behalf of ' many dead and moved away voters. 

 So I know I shouldn't really try to pin good guys vs bad guys labels on sports and even if that was not foolish the Blue and Orange and their home city are no saints;  but even so it just sucks that the AFC champs will either be the killer's team or the Barry donating Cheatriots.  And nice guy Rogers  and the Packers are out in the NFC too.

  I hope the year of the Snake (which hasn't started yet by Chinese calendar) has more "don't tread on me" snake successes  and less triumph for the sneaky snakes in the grass, but I must learn to be the 'happy warrior' and not get depressed when things seem to keep going the wrong way. 

No comments: