Monday, April 11, 2011

What should GOP demand for raising debt ceiling?

IMO the answer "Don't raise the ceiling at all" is a false choice. Boehner and the GOP house leadership are not going to tell all the seniors and everyone on unemployment etc etc. "Too bad so sad, but we can't increase our debt to meet your payments" If they did that the D's would will win back the house, keep the senate, and we will for sure be stuck with 4 more years of BHO.

I'd like to see them get an agreement that 2012 appropriations will be multiple bills. Don't let Reid and Barry hold military pay hostage to have extra leverage for forcing funding of NPR, and the EPA.

I guess I'll email my congressman with this thought. I read somewhere after the 2010 elections that Boehner wants to reform the appropriations process in a similar manner. Demand appropriations for each Dept. (Defense, Interior, Commerce, .......) I sure HOPE people on the street will think thats a basic request and if Reid and Barry refuse it then they are the ones putting grandma's SS at risk.

No comments: