Sunday, April 17, 2011

I finally have a hunters safety card

I never took hunters safety in my childhood, didn't have any interest in hunting directly although I've always loved eating game. Well going up elk hunting the last 2 years with dad and sis convinced me I wanted my own tag. A) so I'm not just tagging along since I suck at glassing B) so I at least have the possibility of hunting a bit more actively --dad is up there to hang out with the hunting gang and if he gets a good shot that is just a bonus and C) last year they saw bull elk and only had cow licenses so it might be good to have a tag for either cow or bull when we are together.

Unexpected bonus: Going through the class gave me a deeper knowledge of safe gun handling. It wasn't foreign concepts because dad has always followed all the safe practices but taking the class versus just observing how things are done will be great for remembering to do all the proper steps every time.

The downside is I only rode Sadie a bit in the little arena area saturday so I am a bit deprived for my vitamin H.

No comments: