Thursday, April 14, 2011

break from politics

I'm confused, and suspect the MarxSpewMedia is working to confuse and dispirit conservatives after getting tipped about angst on the blogs over the CR deal with most cuts being applied actually to 2012 spending or some darned thing on top of being fewer cuts than promised before the election.

So in personal news, work is about same. I have done nothing towards seeing if there is any demand for a code doctor/exterminator. I wish I could do computer graphics, I would maybe play around with Tees/ bumper stickers on Dazzle or whatever. I caught CJ this morning and moved him to a smallish pen next to AJ. He has thrushy feet and the parents were having problems catching him to put bleach on his feet. Sooooo nice of them to mention this so I would know to clean out feet when I mess with Sadie and Lady, IF they had bothered to mention it before they needed me to catch CJ and move him for them.

I rode Shade tuesday morning. Fun was had and I also pushed a bit and got some conditioning done as well. Yesterday and today were predicted to rain/snow so I planned on no riding. Well it was fairly nice early wed morning, cool breeze by the time the horses finished hay so I wouldn't have wanted to climb on Sadie but older horse would have been fine. I drove my pickup to work because I have not hauled the horses out and if I get in I will be taking a hunters safety course this weekend and if I don't get in the weather sounded iffy so like last weekend I would probably stay home so I can work all my mares rather than hauling out to ride just Shade.

Might be taking hunters safety this weekend, didn't email instructor till noon today so I might not get in. Forcing myself to do it, I want to be able to at least purchase a deer license 'over the counter' if I go up with dad again and I suppose I will even if sis doesn't come down since she thinks he needs some chaperoning and I somewhat agree. If its just 2 of us I will probably push for him to tow just his camper with hay and water in pickup bed and I'll bring the horses with my rig. I am not 100% comfortable with him having the gooseneck horse trailer and his camper behind that especially as he ages.

*update* will be taking hunters safety this weekend. I hope at least one evening is nice. Oh well, my lovely schedule allows morning rides if I just get myself moving.

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

Thrushy feet? What is that?

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Thrush is a bacteria/fungal infection in horses hooves. Its very stinky and makes the horses sensitive on hard surfaces because they don't have a normal healthy frog and sole callus. We've never had full grown thrush IMO -- I use thrushy feet to describe when a horse has gotten any sort of crud starting to grow in their feet. a 5-10% solution of bleach water applied 2-3 times a week usually zaps it if its caught in good time.