Sunday, April 10, 2011

She trots she trots! LOL

Of course Sadie trots, has since she was several hours old, but yesterday she was putting her ears back and stopping in just a few strides every time I coaxed her into starting to trot after I had climbed on. The lightbulb went on that the Wintec dressage saddle must be uncomfortable for her. So today I put my ancient OF on her when we had unexpected nice sunshine without wind --after we actually got some rain/snow mix overnight that will water the grass a little bit too -woot. So the sun had melted the 1/2 inch of snow by 11 and I grabbed Sadie to try out the OF. It works, she trotted multiple times for me and maintained in gait for a full lap twice, and backed 3 steps for me. Back in Dec I thought the reluctance to trot and back with me on board was just having to adjust to balancing with a rider on board. Maybe that was part of it but I think 'training' progress will accelerate now. Some happiness to offset the pain that figuring out the estimated income tax form to send in by Apr 15. I'm not positive the royalty income is enough that I have to do it to avoid IRS penalties but it'll be easier to send 4 checks than one big one anyway.

No comments: