Thursday, July 22, 2010

ugh, no cool breeze this morning

So dropped down to only 4 miles and went directly to and from the irrigation ditch so Ole wouldn't be exercising in the heat as much. I could have beat more of the sunshine but the last 2 mornings a stupid red border collie has been in our yard. Our dog Ole who is Mr. friendly, oh another dog to play with 99% of the time wants to rip the BC's throat out it seems and I'm not willing to stand by to find out if he would just hold BC down for a few minutes until he gets a good UNCLE., yesterday I had a time getting Ole to his tire and then he still chased the BC and after Ole had the rope wound around a post and was effectively tied up the BC kept coming INTO OLE's space I even threw BC out of our yard and he climbed right back in --we have a horse gate there which holds Ole and Mia but not smaller dogs.

Today I put Ole in the garage so I could get outside and get the BC into my car that I left out last night and take it "home". Both days I have run the BC back to the house I had last seen it at but I am not at all sure it lives there. They have 3 dogs that don't roam and are super friendly. They have not been home to answer the door. Today I got to wondering if some trouble maker in the neighborhood is taking the BC to our place (which since he can get under the gate so he could take himself home anyway but does not - the stupid cur ) but perhaps some trouble maker thinks they can get the BC killed by Ole and get Ole killed as a dangerous dog. UGHHHH I hate living near people! We have a lot of good neighbors but life would just be simpler if the closest neighbor was 3-4 miles away. If I see the BC in our yard again I will tie him up in our 'house yard' and call the county animal control to fetch him. I don't care how he is getting in our yard he either needs new owners or the owners need a big wake up call that they better invest in a dog harness and tie-out kit unless/until they put up a BC proof fence. And if someone is trying to bait Ole into trouble they can find out that we will take steps to get LE on our side first.

No comments: