Monday, July 19, 2010

I come by the $$ foolish bent honestly

Helped the parents pick hay up out of their hunting buddy's field this morning. Hay is relatively cheap this year and whomever put up his hay made really light bales. He offered $4.50 a bale and mom just wrote him a check. We picked up hay that was at LEAST 150% this weight for $5 a bale last month from a gal that is doing hay as a business vs J who is getting a break on property taxes, *I* was thinking giving $4 for J's hay this year would be pretty high per ton vs the market rate as I was lifting those lightweight bales and he only needs to cover whatever he paid to have the hay put up -- but he didn't get rich by giving anything away and mom and dad apparently let friendship outweigh value in agreeing to pay that much.

OH well its mom's money and was only 125 bales --since I have 4.9 barrels of diesel that I am skeered to put in my pickup and it possibly can't even be used for the tractor based on the tractor stalling last night....... I sure can't say anything.

No comments: