Friday, January 8, 2010

Sad today.

Sadie's sire was killed in a barn fire last night. I mist up thinking about it and I only met the stallion twice, I can barely imagine a fraction of the grief C and R must be experiencing. C is torn up because she had sent Szybki to R on a feed lease some time after her divorce because she couldn't afford to breed any longer, so she wasn't there to try to rescue him. They say people die of smoke inhalation rather than actual flames in almost all house fires and I sure hope that was the case with these horses as well. I will try to get new pictures of Syzbki's Sadalbari this weekend and send C a cd of various pics of her as well as some dark chocolate. Its a puny thing but it is all I can think of that I can do.

And a little coffee shop in Brighton that I usually stopped at after buying grain en route to work has gone out of business. I guess the area chain is still going and the location for this one was not good so hopefully the Daz Bog chain survives, they have good coffee drinks. This shop was outside of town and difficult to turn left out of the shop so not convenient for anyone to stop at before heading west away from town. Seems trite to include this with the sad news about Szyb, its little affect to me, I probably only stopped there a dozen times a year, but I hate to see businesses failing and people struggling to find work and so on. Too sad to rant about the usual suspects today.

No comments: