Sunday, January 3, 2010

meh woke to a headache, but I rode Friday and saturday

I'm not miserable, just have a frustrating dull ache even after a dose of hot stuff, ibuprofen, doing chores in cold but not bitter morning air, sudafed when I came in and trying to 'massage' my sinus area to stimulate drainage. OK thats the whine.

I rode New Years Day. I always consider it a good omen to do so. It was a short little ride and I tailored it to make both dogs happy. Well I would not have ridden much differently given the snow pack still on the roads anyway so I won't consider it a bad start of sacrificing what I want to make something else happy. Shade was in a hurry to be done, but did turn away from home and give me a little canter up the hill in the nice footing.

RazzMo's turn saturday. Shade wanted to go again or at least thought she should have a treat or something. That made me smile. Grey is still on his I'm retired kick and walked off till I had a halter on someone else both days. There may be a small part of Razz being pushy in this but it makes me wonder if Grey is getting internal melanoma's and is preparing me for him not to be around several more years. Well I shouldn't speculate too much, its better to get saddle time on 12 year old Shade and 8 yr old Razz as long as Grey is not needing rides to keep from getting stove up. He wanders enough in the paddock to keep himself comfortable and doesn't seem to have much arthritis to worry about anyway.

No comments: