Monday, January 11, 2010

Good weekend but it is a monday

The weather was reasonable this weekend. I rode Shade saturday. I had both dogs loose and then noticed someone coming towards the corner walking 3-4 dogs. PANIC, I was not mounted and went running down the road trying to catch up to Mia, Shade trotted along for a bit and then hit the brakes, so I was trying to mount her in a hurry, she wouldn't go in the ditch to make that easy for me..... Well Ole and Mia were okay and only sniffing the ladies leashed dogs until I got there and hopped off Shade, grabbed Mia's leash and used the end to leash Ole as well. Dang my gums were sore after that excitement and sudden burst of exercise. I seriously want just a couch potato dog, or just one guard type dog that I always LEAVE HOME in future. Of course since *I* didn't really want a dog this time the parents picked out the exact opposite type dog when they got Ole, and I corrupted Mia, but its hard when one is letting the other dog tag along. Then the lady walking her dogs came behind me on road 33. Darn I was cussing myself for not asking her what route she intended to take so I could go a different way since I double back rather than go thru the subdivision on horse with 2 pesty dogs. My gums were finally recovered but my saddle slipped as I tried to get back on Shade after I had hopped off again to make sure the dogs passed each other with no issues... Thank god I have a sweet, patient ayrab mare. I was on top of horse but with the saddle slid 8 inches off to the left and trying to get it to shift back for a couple minutes before I gave up and got off and uncinched, straightened and cinched up with the billets one hole tighter.

Then I let Shade pick at the hay while I went in the house for several minutes, got a nice tall drink for my dry mouth etc and I grabbed Sadie and ponied her just a bit and video'd her. This does not work for showing off your pretty horse but I uploaded 30 seconds to facebook anyway. BayRab Acres fans enjoyed seeing snatches of Sadie even in that very rough form. I tied Mia up since she was refusing to go in the house or just volunteer to stay in. That evening my guru that I shanghaied into giving me virtual lessons by sending her a check rather than just asking if she would pointed out some riding form things to me. I had been trying to tighten my abs to keep from slouching or tipping forward --but as a side effect I had pretty much shut down following the horses back with my hips. OOPS.

So sunday I rode Razz, focusing on riding like she suggested and it went pretty well. I even took the dogs again, but I scanned and scanned before I let Mia off leash and we didn't meet anyone. See if I was out in the middle of nowhere, dogs would be no stress, but even my WY property has neighbors with pets and poultry where I would worry myself if I had a dog and didn't know right where it was.

Today I rode Shade in the paddock. Ground was still frozen, and she was taking an occasional funky step, so we just walked and I tried to work on form again and getting her to take a big walk for me. Was rather frustrating as she was in plod mode being in the paddock and me backing off when we hit anyplace I thought was icy etc but I will get there, my legs got a good workout at least.

No comments: