Monday, March 2, 2009

What I won't do for that mare-











Top pics show my 'spring tree' addition to the soft pommel. I end the plastic about an inch above the bottom of the soft insert. Just as well I had already broke the zipper as no way I would have gotten this in there. Mid pics show Shade with saddle on saturday with the fiberglass insert. Sunday I tried to move the saddle back a bit so it would be behind her shoulder blade like an english sadde should but I just don't know that there is room on a short backed arab to do this so I think the soft pommle with the plastic I cut from the supplement pail to give it some form so it wont want to spread and settle on the withers is the best option. And I took off the flap, you can just make out the velcro strip in the top pics. Bottom pics show the medium fiberglass pommel and the soft pommel. Only I would buy a new saddle and start beating it with the ugly stick. Actually I think that I will braid a nice bit of trim in turquoise and black parachute cord to cover up my white thread stitching job. And possibly I'll get a cover but I'm a bit concerned that a cover would bunch and irritate me like the seat/stirrup bar cover flap was doing. It felt fine without the flap, I've got plenty of padding on my thighs and didn't feel the stirrup squares.

No comments: