Friday, March 27, 2009

friday catch up post

I rode wednesday ahead of our snow storm. thursday I vegged on the couch all day. Horses were fed and I did my basic state tax form and not much else beyond reading for entertainment. and even getting halfway into the tv shows mom had on.

Well the weather forecast is tolerable for the weekend. I wish I knew if my farrier was coming tomorrow or at all. I really liked her work but if she is not returning phone calls maybe she was not wild about my twitchy horses. Except I thought they were pretty good on that visit.

It seems so odd to me that a good number of people are 'politically happy'. I'm used to being kind of the oddball, but I must say, now I know how 'the left' felt when dubya had his malapropisms and tongue slip moments. And its odd to go to lunch with the co-workers and they are happy with the none. (I think-- they didn't talk politics and I didn't introduce the subject since talk of weather and movies was going well) I think maybe they cannot see beyond all the science money being passed out. Its rather odd, since *I* am the only one who doesn't have kids to inherit this debt --assuming we don't hyper inflation that makes a mockery of it while pretty much destroying the economy as well.

When I hear an Obama speech (I can NOT stand to watch one) the pauses that don't fit sentence breaks and other bits that really remind me he is reading off a prompter drive me nuts. The thing that bugs me the worst is when he or Hilary bash dubya policies. For pity's sake, you fooled the majority of the people and you are in charge now, but don't go around hinting to the rest of the world that treaties or slightly less formal agreements may be tossed under the bus. Start making your own policies without the bad mouthing and hey heres a thought -- try projecting that this country will honor its commitments past election dates, even if the new administration is going to do things their way.

Acting like snotty kids that have to tear the other snowman down, instead of just building your own better one is not becoming for leaders of the most powerful nation on the planet. Of course I think your snowman idea is wrong headed because you want the balls to get bigger towards the top; but if you conducted yourselves with some dignity I'd be much more inclined to see if you are strong enough to pull it off instead of having to force myself to leave the scene so I wont yell at other people's kids when they are not in my charge.

No comments: