Monday, March 16, 2009

Pretty fun weekend

I rode Shade twice. Next weekend I have to ditch the dogs and get in a really nice long ride, but the new saddle and pad combo worked better. I think I need to tack the pad keepers a bit more yet so the pad can't go forward, but it was not able to move as much as before. Shade seems to move out pretty well in the saddle and the saddle seems to help my balance. If Shade brakes or something and I pitch forward I seem to come back without having to fight to do it.

Took Sadie and Grey out on sunday I think that will have to be the last time for that pairing. I need to use RazzMo who will pin his ears when Sadie tries to surge forward of him, She was being a brat, getting too forward and then cutting in front of Grey so we had to turn. I always made it a full circle but it was annoying and I called it quits after going less than 1/2 a mile out. No grazing on the way home.

No comments: