Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lovely rides this weekend

and thank goodness because the weather was nasty monday and tuesday morning. I could have lived with a nice blizzard, but we only got the wind, blowing dirt around because we are so dry. We are supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow thursday. Please let it be 8 and be WET snow. I have to check the weather to see if looks like possible to ride tomorrow.

Good news side is no meetings this week, so if its calm enough I CAN ride wed, even I'm running slow.

I also have to call the saddle repair guy in town, I want to get my saddle modified and I think I should leave this to a pro instead of hacking on it myself like I did with the pommel. That worked out, I still have to cover my ugly gap but Shade is happy and I am too. Now I just need to get the cantle fixed, and the velcro removed or covered on the seat. I'm not going back to the bulky saddle flap but I need some adjustments for its absence.

I rode Grey on saturday, we had fun and I need to start riding him more, and pony him when I ride Shade shorter rides. Had a LSD ride on Shade, which was not very long. But she is loving the saddle and I made Ole and Mia stay home because it was warm. I'm going to have to do this regardless of temps. It was so nice not to have to keep looking around, worrying about a dog.

No comments: