Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me


burp, I had a mint flavored milkshake from the Arby's across from Greasemonkey this morning while waiting for my car to get serviced. GreaseMonkey puts a silk flower on my dash when I use them, well for the $$ synthetic oil service they can sure afford it. Then I stopped at the co-op to get some of the low-starch feed my girls get. Found out why mom came home with gas stabilizer a couple weeks ago, they don't have any diesel stabilizer! I thought sure they would be a better source than the auto-supply places with farmers buying bulk fuel. Then I stopped at target and bought pizza for lunch, and also some ghirardelli filled chocolate squares which I've already had 2 of. I also bought some low shelving. Assembly required sigh, I stopped at the SA store before anyplace else and it is just an empty building now. Weird, a thrift store should be doing well these last several months, well I hadn't stopped at that one in a couple of years so have no idea what the scoop is.

So I bought myself two pints of some stuff thats supposed to be very concentrated online from a marine place once I got to the office. Now I have some steel drums with lids on, a bottle of some diesel stabilizer stuff and some good stuff ordered -- I can max my store card per gallon rebates by getting as much fuel as the debit card allows (I think $100 before the rebates are taken out so not so around 35-37 gals at the price they charge) I feel like such a schemer. But I REALLY want to get some diesel now while its 1/2 the price it was last summer. Talk is that if the recession lasts oil/fuel will stay low but that totally doesn't jibe with the rather hysterical media articles from last summer/fall about how fuel is a fixed need and people HAVE to buy it (like they could not possibly arrange to commute to work or for some of the running kids around .....) therefore the gov'ment should have forced some kind of price lowering or handed out fuel cards to 'the non rich' or something. *I* am thinking that fuel prices are probably a good bet to stay pretty much this low till end of jan and then it'll be a 'lets see what happens' As long as I have the additives to make sure it wont turn to sludge and safe storage it can't hurt to stockpile a moderate amount.

1 comment:

Debaloonie Debonaire said...

Hey! I didn't realize that Friday was your birthday! *blush*

Happy Belated Birthday!