Wednesday, December 3, 2008

dang its only wednesday morning

I don't want to write a big whine fest but I'm tired. I don't do enough power point slides, plots etc to get efficient at it, and I got behind in Oct/Nov. Stupid politics. So I ran to the office 2 days on my holiday weekend, and didn't leave last night till nearly 11pm. I have a great job, the flexible hours are awesome but every once in a while it does entail unpaid overtime.

Yesterday it was sunny, pratically hot. I grabbed Shade for a quick ride, checked my chiro appt card to see if I had an appt today, nope it was for 10:15 tuesday so I had to make it a quick ride. Shade felt good, I was having a blast but when I turned around early and let her canter up the hill she hit a soft spot in the sand and fell. Poor baby, so now the chiro is coming to see her saturday morning. I came off and got sand in my teeth, Shade got sand up under her saddle pad but popped up and seemed a bit embarrased but not hurt, she still wanted to hurry towards home. But I'm getting her checked out, if she wrenched something it wouldn't stiffen up right away. I had to wait a long time for my appt, they had an urgent walk in --if Shade had not fallen I would have been sorely tempted to say "I need to get going and I expect you not to charge me since you were not ready for me --but I stuck it out. I was out in several spots, most were probably from popping off Shade several days ago, and my neck was getting stiff --too much computer + a couple unplanned dismounts will do that - and the chiro visit seems to have nipped most of the stiffness in the bud so it worked out.

Well better finish up my coffee, grain horses and get my tired self to work.

No comments: