Friday, December 26, 2008

Beware of idiots when shopping

What a frustrating hour+ at target. First I couldn't get the sudafed that was a primary reason to stop there instead of just grabbing lunch and waiting to buy work meals till monday. I've thought for years that the gov'mint regs were that you can buy one 20 pack of 12 hr sudafed every week. Often I don't get back on the dot of the week, but I'm sure I have sometimes so perhaps they've tightened this. I try to stock up on sudafed in the winter, so I can coast during the summer when I have funner things to do than run to the store. I have rhinitis and take it pretty much year round which my dr said is ok to do.

Then since I was there, I got a few gift bags and some wrapping paper since it 50% off. Crowed but not a problem other than killing more time before I start my work day. Checkout -- all cashiers seemed full so I just went to the closest one. Ohhhh myyyy gotttt! 2 people ahead of me, first one checks out and is on their way, then the dumb blonde diva starts. They had put 1/2 price tags on some of the discounted seasonal items. Diva was making the cashier put items in separate bags so she could sort it easier later. Sheesh, its not that hard to unpack a bag and sort when you get home! Then thought she was getting another 50% off that red tag price. Ok an easy mistake but A) IF you are only going to buy something if its super discounted you should probably pass on it anyway. and B) The store has scanners that customers can use to see what price something is going to be scattered throughout the store so shoppers can fairly easily check things in each section if the decision to buy something is hinging on the amount of the markdown. So it was HIGHLY annoying to have unpacked my cart and not want to start over with a completely new line, but the poor cashier is having to search through the list of items and remove stuff because DIVA was SHOCKED that her brimful cart of crap had come to over $230.

Oh well eventually Diva realized she was being rude and let the cashier ring things up, with plans to go to customer service to take out a few more higher price items. Then THAT still took forever because the dumb shit computerized teller drawer had to recreate every scroll taken as items were removed by the cashier before it printed the amended receipt. But eventually the teller got to me and rang me up quickly enough, using my cloth totes without complaint and one big plastic store bag for the wrapping paper and gift bags and even asking first if that was ok with me. I hope I was gracious with her, hardly any of the delay was her fault --she did scroll a bit extra to find items being removed but even that was more the dumbass machine doing the auto scroll and then running on then the cashiers fault.

No comments: