Wednesday, March 27, 2024

No tumbleweeds were burned last weekend

I did some yard work but didn't get around to trying to burn tumbleweeds in the pasture area.   Dad's 2023 fed taxes are e-filed.  If I get asked I do have his will that states that I have PoA in event of his incapacitation; I think that does give me authorization to wrap up taxes and the like.  

Texted sis about when she is coming.   I'm going to have to try to get her to shift if possible if she was driving on  thursday, so will be too tired to do much on Friday and then heading back on Tuesday with only 1 day or possibly a bit on Sat. available for helping me, or she would shuttle me from a mechanic or something basic on Friday I guess.   

I don't want to be resentful when she is trying to help but I do feel like she has come, sucks me into wasting time watching some dumb shit on TV for a full day when she is here, and then just picks out more of dad's guns and reloading equipment and does nothing to help me with my shit the last few visits.  That is not fair, she did help quite a lot with Dad when she was here in December.  No helping me with decisions and paperwork but the help with dad was needed and I know its hard to drive that far.  My limit to be able to ride the next day used to be 400 miles and I haven't done one of those in a few years, not sure I could still do it.   And it is a GOOD thing that she and B are providing a good home to the guns and reloading equipment.  I've wanted to be more into guns and to learn reloading; but thinking 'it is a shame that I don't have the interest' never translated into actually developing any interest for over 20 years, that was not likely to change now.  

Well I ran to the closer vital records office that is only available on Wednesdays and got 12 death certificates, 6 legal and 6 official.  They are $13 a piece so I didn't want to get too many but it's an extra $7 for the first one of each kind, so I may regret not getting more now, but at least I/we can get started on the legal stuff that requires a death certificate.   Plus I'll have to get good photocopies of my DL to order by mail, maybe can take a picture with phone to order online (for an extra charge + the $20 for first cert, 13 for each additional one)   Makes me wish dad had not messed with the 'funeral expenses' life insurance policy and taken the whole life value on the other ones and just had that money in his bank account.  Oh well,  at least I don't have any private policies.  

No comments: