Wednesday, March 13, 2024

I'm so close to getting a new RPM ready, but stuck waiting on a coworker

 Ugh,  I hate when I've been making good progress on something and then get sidelined, especially when I need a coworker to respond back to my email or slack request.   That's the bad part of WFH, and even if I was in the office sometimes, a lot of folks are hybrid and not in office 50 to 60% of the time so the ability to just walk down the hall and pester someone so that they will move my need up in their queue is gone.

Oh well, I'll get what I need eventually and I can do some other bits on my new code while waiting.  

Colorado is supposed to have a massive snowstorm that lasts 36 hours starting this evening.   Monday's forecast was for it to be a decent March storm and give use out here on the plains a needed half to 1 inch of total precipitation with part of it rain and up to 4 inches of wet snow.   Now we are up to 6 to 12 inches of wet snow.  I'm not clear on whether our total precipitation is also bumped up by much or if for us this is just more of it as snow.   Probably total precipitation, the snowfall totals for higher elevations have been rising with each day's update so I think the models just keep bumping how much water we will get as are rerun with newer data.  

Of course I had given up all hope of us getting a good wet snow this year and didn't buy any kind of pasture seed to try to improve our weedy few acres.   Oh well, it will help our 5-7 weeks of grazing and should help with the hay growers having hay to sell this summer.  

No comments: