Saturday, March 16, 2024

I don't know what to do with myself.

 Dad died early Friday morning before I got up.   I wasn't sure he was gone or just shallow breathing, went out and fed horses, then tried the BP cuff and it errored out plus his forehead felt cooler so I called Science Care, and they directed me to call 911 and then call them right back.  I should actually have waited until the EMTs were done to call back but it worked out in the end.

I had the aide run some of the medical equipment to good health will and offered stuff to the neighbors, one neighbor did take the electric bed and lift chair so a bit of extra monkey work for JP to unload around them but it worked out.

I need to text B and tell her dad died.  I also want to get M and J's # and so on but it would be too tacky to announce "dad died, oh and can I get ph #s to text about riding now that I'm 100% free."   I didn't sleep much last night, kept going over 'get rid of Dad's recliner, do this, do that, in my mind.'   I hate that and haven't done it in a good while; I hope it is not going to reoccur.  Part of my mental looping was possible people north of me to try to meet up with for riding together since I feel like I can't meet the bar to ride and hang out with M and J.   Possibly I'm being silly,  if I offered to bring kielbasa a couple times for the not being a sponge at their 'happy hour' after the ride, and made it a point to think about good group horsemanship they might be ok with me.  

I need to find try to find farm lease paperwork so I can call, or I have no ph #, write to the leasers and let them know that brother owns that land now.  

No comments: