Sunday, March 24, 2024

I want to burn tumbleweeds today.

 Not that I want to do the work , but I want to get rid of the layer of mowed tumbleweeds in the pasture area.  Last year I hauled some up to the burn barrel but that didn't make that much of a dent in the weeds.  I am hesitant to do the burning because I get nervous that the fire will get away from me.   Maybe I can haul some of the chain link panels down to contain a tumbleweed pile.  That would give me peace of mind while making it possible to get more weeds burnt, not having to move the weeds too far.  

Yesterday S texted and invited me to her bday party that evening.    I asked if I could bring anything and got a nothing needed.  Twas true, they had a lot more food than was needed, most of the guest families did bring a dish.   I was ok with not having to come up with something to prepare and bring and just brought a card and went "I don't care if its considered gauche, I'm just putting cash in it"   If I'd had advance notice maybe I would have bought a TSC gift card if they sell them.   I have the impression that S is like me in not enjoying shopping,  so a generic gift card or especially a specific store card other than for Wallys would not have been good.  I know she hates dealing with traffic and doesn't like a lot of commotion.   I don't know if they use TSC for most of their critter feed, but it is close enough that buying with a gift card even if they normally go someplace else would have worked.   Maybe I'll do that next year.  I always figure with cash they can spend it anywhere and I know I tend to forget that I have the gift card when I've been given one of VISA cards that can be spent anywhere. 

No comments: