Friday, March 22, 2024

Here he comes to save the day

 Well I should be working on a different project anyway.  Of course writing special tools for the high profile project so he can list it on his performance review is like a moth to a flame for our super genius software engineer.  

Credit where due,  his fix does make results of the one mission with just a couple hundred occs look good.  And he was asked to look into this initially cuz the results for the mission with close to 20K occs didn't look good and we were getting zero occs for the one constellation.  

Next week postscript.  He is trying to rescue another mission.  His fix made things better below 15 km but worse above 18 km than doing nothing.  I emailed him and cc'd the boss and the gal who will process the data with the comparison plots from doing nothing to their data other than supplying my best guess as to the frequency.  

Sigh,  he insisted I just didn't see the bias in my plots.   Instead of working on my POD wrapper that I need to get done I spent a couple hours poking around and generating plots until I was able to get one from the next day that shows he is is full of BS.  (unless the mission had some weird errors just on their first day of data.)   Sheesh.  Some days he needs a Gibbs slap or 3.   I've been adding deliver me from arrogance to my prayers most nights and I do hope god does prevent me from emulating things like this when I have errors in my work.   I try to do a humble mea culpa and then attempt to be more careful when IT has to fix something I messed up, and to apologize and work late to fix the code I wrote if it proves to have a bug. 

No comments: