Sunday, March 17, 2024

I loathe the polite "you are always welcome, let me know if I can help", yada yada statements

 Not sure what the current vernacular would call me "on the spectrum" (autism) or "low emotional?/social? IQ" or some new term I've never heard of, but I'm low skilled on knowing whether I'm getting a polite brush off, "you are always welcome to join us --with an unsaid 'but we will NEVER tell you where and when we are riding cuz we'd rather not be in your presence'" or a real offer from someone who just doesn't know what help would be useful.   

Typing that made me all weepy.  Truly it is not good to dwell on emotional hurts, many of which are probably 100% unintended by whomever delivered them.  And apparently the new way schools are damaging their students is by encouraging them to dwell on their feelings.   The teachers may be too stupid to know they are creating mental illness but I'll bet the idea of doing "feelings checks" at the start of the school days was promoted by someone wanting to cause problems.   Perhaps some radical environmentalist seeking to create a population that will mass suicide to 'save GAIA', perhaps some communist wanting to create a population that won't fight for their god given rights and freedoms.  But it is an evil practice.  

No comments: