Thursday, November 30, 2023

I couldn't have ONE stinking day away from dad care.

 And I wasn't even trying to do a 24 hour day,  just around 11 hours to go to Boulder and attend the work's annual program review in person.  Stinking dad couldn't TELL the aide(s) that he needed to use the commode, he was just restless trying to get up but just kept telling them no when they asked if he wanted to move to the recliner.  Well of course he didn't want to be in recliner which is harder to get up from when he needed to use the commode. 

Overall its fine.  He was dehydrated and his high blood sugar was high.  After getting fluids in the ER he is back to his normal level and was able to hobble to his chair today after I got him upright with the gait belt.  

It just sucks that there is no decent fill in when I have to be gone.   L is very good when she is awake but with her insomnia (I hope it is just insomnia) sometimes she only gets to sleep around dawn and then zonks out for most of the day.   Some of the folks working with the HHS company are incredibly good, but some seem like its their first job and are a horrible fit for me.  I don't want to have to supervise some kid, defining exact house cleaning tasks for them to do.  I want to have someone I can trust to handle dad's care, while I'm gone, even on days when he is weak and not directing them as to what he needs.

No comments: