Monday, November 20, 2023

Gray, damp, and chilly day

 I've been stress snacking a bunch.  I need to stick to my 'fasting' window now and no more food until tomorrow.   I'm stressed because dad has some kind of bug.  He is weak and low energy, some coughing and phlegm.   Because he is so weak to start with every bug is bad.  But he doesn't want to see a doctor and I don't even get myself to my HMO for screenings.   Hopefully dad is better by Sat. when the next aide shift is scheduled.   The gal on Sat. thought I should call 911 and at least have EMT's check his vitals but I resisted.  I put the pulse and O2 monitor on him and his pulse was 60, O2 was low 90s.  That is pretty good for him and he didn't want a Dr.  And I don't want him carted off to a hospital.

He ate some eggs and bacon last night and took his pills with juice this morning but didn't even drink tea until about 1, and hasn't eaten anything all day.   That happens with bugs, but feeble old person; one of the key indicators that they are really declining is if they stop eating.   But I need to stop stressing about shit in general and dad in particular and I really need to stop the stress eating I've been doing the past few weeks.

No comments: