Friday, November 17, 2023

Here we go again

 I had to drag out the Hoyer to get dad out of his chair.  Then after getting him cleaned up he thought he could make it back to the chair.   Nope.   I got to wrestle him onto the lifting jack chair twice because I thought it might work to use the wheelchair to get him over to the recliner the first time, but couldn't get him into the recliner and he ended up on the floor again.   

Last time I had to drag out the lift dad snapped back to his normal the next day so we'll see.  His back looks bad again.  He had been not wanting to mess with getting washed and a bandage applied for a few weeks.   I'm going to have to be pushy about at least slapping a Telfa pad on quick when he stands up after using the commode if he goes back to that. 

I get so tired taking care of him, but I will be horribly lonely when he is gone.   Maybe I should try some online matching services.  A man who would be good to dad and understanding of me not having time to keep him company fishing or going to ball games etc would be a keeper. 

The aide thought I should call to have EMTs check dad's BP and temperature.   I can't see the point.  They can't prescribe antibiotics if they think he has bronchitis or pneumonia.  Dads pulse and O2 are normal this morning.   I should try to make him spell out his wishes for me as far as doctoring.  He doesn't want to end up in a hospital bed and I'm on the same page but I don't know if he is at a point of wanting only hospice level care and doesn't want to get antibiotics if he gets sick and when he is sick it is too hard to get an answer out of him.  

I am super tired today,  I should do a wally's run, in fact need to heave myself off the chair and do it since I already put garbage in the car and I don't want the car to get all smelly leaving it in there. 

No comments: