Sunday, November 26, 2023

Wondering if I need to update sis on dad's health

I thought he might be near the end a couple times last spring but told myself not to phone sis because I didn't want to give a false alarm, cuz they went through that with B's dad 2 or 3 times before the dad really was fading out. 

But dad is barely eating and drinking the last few days and that is a big indicator that the end may be near.   I guess I need to give her the status as I see it and let her decide if she wants to come out when she saw him 3 months ago and he might rally and then be fine for many months. 

And I suppose I should reach out to the neighbors as well.  I am hesitating because I dread everyone thinking I should pack dad off to an ER to see if the docs could get him a bit better and keep him going an extra month or whatever.   I'll take dad if he wants to go, but I don't want to have him carted off to be poked and prodded if he doesn't desire that.   Plus I'm afraid that if he came up positive on a stupid covid test they might declare he needs to be in an isolation unit.  Maybe I could refuse to admit him and insist on taking him home if they did that, not sure.  Especially since my ability to get him into a vehicle to take him home is pretty sketchy w/o having help.  

No comments: