Saturday, March 11, 2023

Warm today, I should try to do stuff outside

 Not sure how much I will manage though.   I hardly slept thursday night and am still dragging today.  90% my fault for not making it a point to take a shower and get my hair washed.  My scalp was itchy, finally I got up in the middle of a night and showered and washed my hair.   Having left it so long, the scalp was still a bit irritated from having to massage it so much with the shampoo and baking soda.   10% was dad had announced he would take a shower in the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep.   I figured I needed to help him dry off and mind the shower curtain.   

He did take a shower, I must have dozed off at that time.  I heard his walker and went down about 5:15 and he was finished showering and back in his chair.   Good thing I did go down as he had only turned the shower dial off, not the water at the faucet and the shower mat and floor around was quite wet.  But he had not flooded the whole bathroom.    My very redneck fix of putting the shower stool on the risers I had bought for the electric bed which were not needed at all works pretty good; along with the safety bar I finally got installed with the wing-its.  

 Thank goodness I had went looking on youtube and found the 'Jane can drill' video that said "just toss their hardware that has to go into a wall stud and buy some wing-its."   I had started out looking for tips on how to find the studs but first video the guy already knew where the studs were and acted like its easy to locate them which certainly was not my experience.   I used the stud finder and drilled where it beeped and only hit air behind the drywall.   Second video was the gal that posts the "Jane can drill" videos.  The safety bars do say in fine print "wing-its compatible" but in the directions they say that using any kind of anchor instead of screwing into a stud is discouraged.    Well the way the screw holes are oriented one would have to be creative and careful to get two screws per side into a stud.  Stupid lawyered up nation.  

The grab bar folks surely know that most people will have a hard time hitting wall studs,  and it's just CYA legalese to say that is how to install them, and then just have "wing-its compatible" on the packaging but not recommend using them for applications where its going to be too hard to attach to a wall stud. 

I need to text sis and let her know that Dad has his new hearing aids and she can text me when she has time to phone visit.   I don't know if she'll even want to, since she is coming down next Sunday.  I'm trying to avoid evil envy but I wish I had a phone or in person buddy that I could talk with regularly.   I should have, maybe I still should, try to find a DH, married couples have each other to talk to.  

PM update.   I got the hay spear on the tractor.  Fiddly.  P makes it look super easy but it always takes me a long time to get things aligned correctly.  Beer break before I go out to scrape muck away from the hay feeders.   Got a hay bale down.  looks like it is as stemmy as the last bale so Sadie and Razz will get most of it.    I feel like the hay seller gypped me, and slipped in some crap bales with the few nice ones.  Can't do anything about it though. 

No comments: