Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Dad is weak from his virus

 Some weakness is typical with a virus but since he is so weak to begin with with the virus hitting he can't get out of his recliner.  This morning shortly after 4 am I heard him trying to get up.  He couldn't even get himself moved forward which he does before getting up and was not helping me even get the gait belt low enough and snug enough to do any good.   My back had already been spasming in the middle of the night, I think I forgot to put on arnica when I went to bed last night.

  I moved the electric bed over so dad could belly flop onto it, then I could have got his legs on the bed and rolled him over and got the bed high enough to make standing fairly easy, but he was too confused to understand and/or too weak to even do that and he just went back to sleep in the chair.   I offered to call Paul to come over before he left for work, dad said no, don't bother.   If sis and B were not coming back late this afternoon I might have just called 911, I get so tired of this shit.   I cannot shift him when he is in the big recliner and if he would get so bad he needs rolled over and diaper changes like a baby there is no way that can be done in that chair.   

p.s.   Dad got up on his own later to use the bathroom and change to the lifting recliner for the day.   He slept all day except using the bathroom again and shifting to his big soft recliner.   I had to shake him awake to take his pills.   I considered just skipping the pills but I wanted him to get the 12 hour mucinex in him.   He didn't eat anything all day after his early morning pop tarts. 

He woke up today on his own long enough to take pills and have his tea and pop tarts.  I think I need to get him to  take his dentures out and clean them and use some mouthwash.   

No comments: