Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Cold and damp today

Only supposed to get a dusting of snow though.   The farmers need a nice wet foot of snowfall and or some decent regular rains later this spring.   But doesn't seem like we will get what we need.  Hopefully I'm wrong on that.  

My farrier has his wife do the scheduling.  I'm often forgetting to book very early.  She texted me tonight, so sweet, I felt like a guardian angel was looking out for me.   

I called the dentist office yesterday that I took dad to.  I think I'm goin got have to call them again.  Perhaps they don't want to deal with me after I misunderstood what Dad wanted, but I'd like to give them the chance at my business after taking an hour of their time on my mis-understanding of what dad was saying.    Why do people always just HINT?   I guess dad wants me not to cook food that will have long shreds like country ribs and he was just in dementia mode asking me if we were going to the dentist office since he doesn't want to replace his dentures; I don't know why else he would need to see them but he did get a quick mouth cancer check last week.   

Work-wise.      Dumpster fire floating down a flooded street.   IT:  "We don't let folks have xsessions even into the DEV leo system, it will take a CCB approval to change that" .   Well,  no wonder its so hard to get anywhere trying to debug anything and no wonder the autist spectrum SE insists on having "sand-box" systems so he can do development.    Mind, the ops group prefers him having separate sand boxes as well cuz he is terrible about not following our basic rules for software management.  But how frustrating to have DEV systems locked down so tightly I can't get some decent help trying to debug the crappy POD solutions. 

No comments: