Saturday, March 4, 2023

I don't know why it is so hard to get myself headed to town for a bit of shopping

 I enjoy Tractor Supply and I need some horse feed.   I don't love Wallys, but I don't feel stressed in the store or anything.  I do often tend to feel like I've spent over much time and need to wrap it up quickly and get out of there when I'm about 80-90 percent done.   But I sure have a mental block on getting dressed and driving in to town and some weekends I go "oh I don't really NEED anything yet and punt on going at all"  I don't guess I absolutely need anything today but I want to replenish some things.   Usually if I do some reflection I can figure out why I don't want to do something and give myself a pep or cowboy up talk and gitRdone.  Guess I just need to cowboy up w/o knowing what the block is.  It is cold and windy today so I'm not feeling like oh no, I don't want to shop cuz I might ride. 

Did get my shopping done,  had a rice crispy treat when I got home.   I wasn't very hungry, asked dad if he wanted anything special for supper and he requested fried eggs and bacon.   So I dug out the little teflon pan from the box in the garage where a few items from dad's camper were still just sitting.  It worked like a charm for frying eggs.  I just microwaved some of my bacon I'd baked up a week ago for him and fried him a couple of eggs, little pan is 2 egg sized, and got him 1 slice of barely toasted toast with butter; then made him another fried egg over easy when he said he could go for a 3rd egg and I did an IF day.  Makes up for all my extra eating on thursday. 

Oh, I hadn't documented thursday's fun.   Twice running dad to appointments he had asked me "we are going to the dentist?" and he said he couldn't chew the country ribs I made so I thought he wanted to see a dentist and accepted a same day appointment for them to do a consultation on new dentures are refurbishing his.    Well dad does not want to mess with new dentures, remembers vividly the period of discomfort getting used to them, and doesn't want to send his old pair out to get refurbished either.  So I feel kind of bad for wasting the dentists time but its not the end of the world.   I must call Monday and make an appointment there for myself.  If they take Cigna insurance I'll use them and then not feel so bad about my mis-understanding with dad.   

It is warmer today but getting breezy now.  I think if I put on long johns it will not feel bad to ride so I think I'll ride Sadie.  I might catch Tanza afterwards and just groom him while he eats some food since I've been catching Lady instead of him for extra food all week.   Lady got skinny on me and needs extra groceries.  I  don't want to mess with it until I take down the fence section where part of it is on the ground after a post busted, plus the ground has thawed out (takes forever where I feed because north side of house and southern retaining wall)  but I will probably put just her and Tanza together in the smaller pen where I currently have Razz and Sadie so Lady can have extra food and Tanza can stay in practice of having to be haltered to eat in a few weeks.  

p.s.   I can not reach that dentist office now.  I will try once or twice more and then will have to just try someplace else.   I can't make up for my mistake with dad if they won't pick up the phone for me.

No comments: