Thursday, May 30, 2013

Yay, No more splint.

I'm still making typos like crazy though, and now have no excuse not to correct them all.   The hand surgeon did not disturb the stitches either, whew.  She just did some nerve tests and then had me flex the finger at the tip and then the second joint and explained that there are nerves and arteries (can you call it an artery to a finger?) at the sides and then the tendons that could have been caught in the damage.    They also took x-rays.  That was CYTA IMO,  I did not have any pain that would suggest a bone was even cracked, joints were clearly not dislocated etc.   But since the work offers the HMO for not much more than major medical and do a HSA would cost me each month I'm not going to argue if they run CYA tests out of their pool of premium dollars.   

I'm supposed to do range of motion things with the cut finger but not do anything that requires a hard grip until the stitches come out next week.   So its still going to be interesting trying to tighten a girth to actually ride a horse and no hauling hay bales but at least I can do some fine motor stuff that takes two hands. 

No comments: