Thursday, May 23, 2013

Darn Shade is definitely off.  I think mostly her left hind which they noticed at CSU even with the big problem on the right front.   I was hoping the LH was just reaction to being so off on the RF and it would just self resolve but I'm going to have to get Dr Mike out for a full workup and management plan or possibly back up to CSU.   I'm so bummed,  even though I had 99% decided Shade was done with endurance as it would be too hard to manage the arthritis for that level of work w/o drugs and you can't compete with any drugs it is looking like she is going to need quite a lot of management just to keep her comfortable in pasture and for light riding.   I don't want her to hurt at all, she is such a sweetie.

Sadie has got the sticking up hair again this year.   I was hoping it was almost all due to getting small bits of moldy hay last year and I wouldn't have to worry about management but no such luck.   Frosty has full blown hives again too.   I'm not as upset though since he has no job in life vs with Sadie I really hope to ride many miles on her.    I hope to avoid doing allergy shots with Sadie, but I'm thankful there is that option.   Wish I knew how worried should I be with her.  I might have to switch horses around and not let Sadie graze in the pasture but I don't know if the rye is starting the low level allergies or if it is something else.  

No comments: