Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OK, I need to get back to horses



They are my sanity and for all my writing that things will be ok no matter what happens on Nov 4, I've been investing too much mental energy. Its for nothing, I don't have the gift of persuasion so I simply have to let it be now that I have filled out my lengthy ballot. Oh the joys of living in a state where competing amendents can be placed on the ballot in addition to all the candidate choices.

Saturday was a good day to huddle in the house and so I did. With an average of 300 days of sun a year I don't have to learn to deal with rain and especially rain and only about 5 C above freezing. Sunday was dry and just a bit warmer so I enjoyed a ride on Shade. Mia was feeling GREAT, she crossed the few inches of water in the irrigation ditch to get to burr-less road on the other side and continued with me. Ole found a leg bone in the CRP he prowled around in rather than sticking with us. I came back to road 35 and announced to Shade that I needed more fun so we had to go a ways down it and back rather than straight home. Ole tagged along for this part, leaving his bone somewhere. He's such an oddball dog. No pics of Shade or the dogs today.

Then after a bit of couch potato time in the house I grabbed Grey and Sadie for a bit of a ride with lots of grass munching for the 'starving' yearling. Heres a pic of Grey Moun and Cindy in the paddock. Grey is the far horse whose head I caught.

Yesterday I grabbed RazzMo and took him for quick spin. He is fun to ride and is bored. I also want him to be a bit legged up before hauling dad in the mountains in a few weeks but if he were a pain to ride he'd just have to suffer when dad goes hunting.   The crabby ears here were warning the other horses that Razz gets first dibs if I had cookies (I never do because he gets so clem-like for them) and any good scritching.    I hope mom gets healthy in a few months and starts riding Razz; he really could use some serious saddle time and my horses could use double the time I spend on Razz.   I need to spend less time at a keyboard.  

No comments: