Friday, October 3, 2008

fun time with Grey and Sadie this morning

I took pictures of them in their paddocks as I was leaving for work and forgot my card reader to download. Oh well they are pretty rough pics anyway. But the ride was fun. I was thinking I was moving too slow and needed to just leave for work but Ole gave me his best hangdog look so decided I'd take a quick ride to give the dogs some exercise.

I just love my arabians. Grey was being kind of silly, had to duck away from the neighbors big landscaping boulder on the way out and both he and Sadie spun around when Mia came out of the next neighbors yard (or at the trash cans -silly boos) but I pulled Grey up easily and Sadie stopped before she hit the end of the lead, which was good because I had dropped it and had to grab it up quick. I made Grey back a couple times after he turned around saying we can't go by 'that' piece of discarded junk when we had turned onto the dirt road that is only utility access and where folks from the nearby town think they can toss old furniture etc. I tell myself its good to get horses over worrying about every little thing they see off the side of the trail instead of fretting over other peoples bad behavior.

Today there was a partially deflated mylar balloon about the point I was ready to stop. I got Grey to go just past it and sweet curious Sadie sniffed it really good. Then when we went back past the scary new large mattress I asked Grey to stop for a minute and Sadie grabbed a quick bite next to it. 17 month old arabian curiosity is so fun. On the way home a Schwann's truck was coming up behind us. -he had been stopped talking on the ph or something when we turned the corner onto the graveled road. Sadie got a bit silly, jumped forward and hit the end of her lead and was almost coming in front of Grey Moun. He's still my boy, he isn't scared of noise and made no fuss. He was an angel while I got Sadie gathered up short and put them both in the ditch with her on the far side from the truck and the driver went around. Sadie was pretty much like 'oh wait thats not a big deal' by this time.

No comments: