Tuesday, October 21, 2008

aaahhh, I love early voting

Now I can totally rasberry any commercials I hear.   Neener neener neener,  I already voted my conscience, cant change my mind now.  

In horsey news.   Lady is coming to live at our place again for a month or two starting this weekend.   I  need to move a feed trough out of there, shut the gate and start getting it cleaned up better.   But today's horse activity ended with feeding and unloading the feed I bought yesterday --yesterdays activity was feeding and swinging by the co-op to buy feed.

Sunday I did ride,  aaaaahhhhh.     Had a fun little ride on Shade and a quick spin on Razz before light ran out.    Saturday I wormed Sadie, and mom's mini's and worked a bit on trailer loading with Sadie.  The good news is I can get her front feet in the new horse trailer -the bad news is I still haven't got her stepping all the way in.  I could with a helper or if I HAD to but I don't want to push her much at this point.   I decided I wont bother worming the adult horses until the next cycle when we've had a hard freeze.   They've been wormed more the last 18 months than usual due to me having Sadie, this round I decided I'll worm her but not worry about her picking up worms from the others since I'll dose with ivermectin after we get a hard freeze and kill off the durned flies.   I think our frosts took out most of the fly parasites, the flies seem thicker than ever.   I must remember to buy some more fly bait next time I buy joint supplements.  Going to try a different brand,  with luck maybe it will work without having to mix it with something to attract flies.  

No comments: