Friday, October 24, 2008

Carpe Diem

Heh, would not surprise me if I have mis-spelled that.   But I've been in a funk with the credit crisis,  although it does not affect me directly and the elections and lots of doom and gloom predictions of what 'could' happen.   So I decided I had better seize the brass ring and go to Moab this year, while I can, instead of crossing if off, worrying not being well enough prepared to justify the drive.   It was looking like I left it too late to get a health certificate but I found a clinic in Golden that will do it 3:30 wednesday.  Then I can get some ways down the road before dark,  layover and have a leisurely drive to Moab on thursday.   Now I need to find a layover spot.

Lady, now known as Pamona,  does not need to board at our place for a month.  The renovations at the P's neighbor with a paddock came together this week and that neighbor is going to fetch her from Conifer.  More room for me to get a training ride in this weekend,  Moab is just meant to be I think.    

I got enough horse fix yesterday with a quick ride on RazzMo and today with a 5.5 mile ride on Shade to get through the week too.   So YAY, its not feeling to bad to wrap up my work week, be on call this weekend nor even to have early start on Monday with a workshop.   Said workshop could mean good things at work; I sure hope we get lots of positive energy out of it.  I'm so happy my new supervisor is so dynamic.   We needed it, sadly it was not going to come from me, but I'm a good 'make it happen' person after someone else gets the ball rolling. 



No comments: