Friday, October 17, 2008

finally rode Shade this morning

I rode three mornings this week and 2 of those on RazzMo.   I am such a good daughter.  Of course if I would be better in parental eyes if I lived hours away and sent flowers a few times a year.   "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is 200% true with  parents and kids.  

Oh well, whine whine.   I'm in a crummy mood because I cant even persuade my mom to vote for McCain.   I'm sorry but I'd rather have a few problems than have government dictating even more of life than they already do and that is exactly what Senator O wants to do.   I wonder how hard it is to emigrate to Canada?  Too hard to get horses to Oz, and they seem to have an awful lot of nannying from the government themselves so I no longer find myself thinking it would be so awesome to go live in the outback or bush, like I did as a teenager.   

Its crazy because one of the dings on McCain in my (myth of a maverick) book is that he wants to regulate as well --yes, he wants government regulation to catch up with modern banking/stock exchange and so on and clean up abuses including those within government.     He doesn't want to force everyone whose business they started has grown enough to hire someone to buy them medical insurance and so on.   Well the U.S. is going to get the president they deserve if they elect Obama.   And I guess I'll be in that camp for not studying up on democratic nominees earlier.   I encouraged my democrat co-workers to support Obama if they couldn't support Edwards.     Now I think I'd prefer Hilary but its too late. 

No comments: