Friday, December 21, 2007

therapy ride this morning

Mental therapy for me that is. Yesterday I ponied GreyMoun while I rode Shade, tied him up and actually trotted and even cantered a bit. Whee! last week the footing felt too crappy to ask Shade to go more than a walk. and today I hopped on GreyMoun. I decided I could ride him a shorter distance than I handwalk him and call that his rehab work today. I had not planned to ride, and especially him but the forecast for my 4-day weekend is not riding friendly and the wind was coming up today where I didn't want to take the extra time to grab Shade and pony Grey, besides I can control Grey better riding him so even though its loading the tendon more adding my weight I decided I should do it. Also gave me a chance to feel how Grey was moving. Well it was good for my sanity and he was ok but he felt a bit funky at times so it reaffirms my decision that he is not doing any LD rides before Oct. But I think he'll be ok to go out into the large paddock/wee pasture area when I get it set-up with a shed.

No comments: