Monday, December 24, 2007

Early Christmas gift

The weather was very nice and gave me another fine riding day today. Shade is in heat and wanted to hang out and visit across the fence with Sebastian. She knows the geldngs she lives with are only geldings but the ones she only sees across a fence she seems to think might be stallions But I said I'd really like her to give me a present of a nice ride and she obliged. I used the LJ and tried to ride with a good bit of leg and I can sure tell I'm woefully out of riding shape but it was tons of fun. Sadie wanted some attention when I got back so I decided to play around with some trailer loading practice. She was sniffing the inside of the trailer with great curiosisty then hopped right in when I showed her I had a treat and she calmly munched the treat fully in the trailer, then Shade really clattered her hay feeder (leaky old metal water tank) and scared Sadie and I let her turn around and leap out. Sadie wasn't freaked though, she did step her front feet into the trailer afterwards for treats and got to practice backing the front feet off the trailer, she things that is a bit tricky too --she got tired of it and I was like ok --no pressure here I'll just put these last 2 treats away. She's pretty into the treats so I hope I can make them a special goody she only gets for stepping at least the front feet into the trailer and get her comfortable with loading in a few sessions just in case I have to haul her somewhere --and with luck I won't have to haul her until I'm riding her in a few years time.

No comments: