Monday, December 17, 2007

smile from Sadie

Although I still have moments of thinking I surely am crazy for buying a foal when it costs me so much to feed and mature horses are so often sold cheaply I really am enjoying. Sadie. This weekend I had left my tack door open and Sadie was very very curious about the saddles, and the sponge I've still got on Shade's saddle and the feed scraps left from various trips. Today when we walked by the trailer heading for her turnout pasture she had to stop and investigate the hay Shade didn't clean up yesterday as I saddled her. So I tied Sadie up to the trailer for several minutes & she had a ball cleaning up that hay. I swear she seemed to be thinking "Look at me, in the big horse's spot, I'll be going on those road trips in no time". I had a broken snap on the gate between CJ and Razz and Shade's pens this weekend and CJ and Razz decided they needed to swap spaces - I decided they could stay that way for a while and Sadie is really enjoying having the new horse to visit across the fence with in her turnout area. CJ seems to be enjoying it too -today they ran along the fence line a couple different times. Grey continues to be a special guy -- Ole has been in a big tugging mood lately. When I'm hauling hay on the toboggan he is sometimes helping me pull the load and its fun, when he's grabbing the horse lead its just a pain but Grey is very tolerant if I fail to completely contain the tugging and he feels a bit on his halter end of the rope. Course he owes me after not letting me skip friday in the snow

No comments: