Sunday, December 31, 2023

I'm so nervous about the potential live in person.

 It is awful of me, I keep halfway hoping to find dad has died overnight when I come down in the mornings so I won't have to mess with getting more help.  Then I dismiss the thought and pray God's will be done.  WHEN I get a steady aide so I feel like I have freedom to be gone all day or even some overnights I expect I'll be content for dad to keep on trucking for several months or even a couple more years. 

The regular Saturday gal from the service told me she is leaving them to take a job with a memory facility because it is just too hard for her to get 40 hours a week because good clients with longer shifts pass away or go to a facility.  When I get a live in I will probably just pause using the service if the neighbor is willing to keep coming once that happens.   I've gotten so tired of feeling like I can't really make any plans where I'll be away from the house for more than a couple of hours because the service may send some rookie who isn't ready to deal with a low communication person with mobility issues like dad.   I don't need light housecleaning help that has to be given an exact list of what should be cleaned; I need someone who can hold the fort when I'm gone.   Hopefully I can get a live in who is willing to take days off during the week so I can be free to go riding on weekends.  

No comments: