Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Not sure about keeping the overnight aides from the service

 Both were very nice and I did sleep more deeply.   But last week the extra rest was completely offset by walking out to find Lady hung up in the fence.   The gal was so nice I can't really picture her hazing Lady into jumping on purpose so I suppose it was a freak thing like an auto car unlock with lights coming on that startled Lady and the gal probably did not even see it.  But still there is the tiny possibility that she saw the horse jump and couldn't be bothered to tell me.    And last night's gal was very nice and very sweet to Toby and Tux as well as to me.  But neither did much of any cleaning or anything.  Perhaps they both take night shifts to be more restful.  But with it being so expensive thru the service I'm not eager to pay all that just for someone to watch dad sleep.  I am able to hear him most of the time and the last couple of days he is pretty much on a schedule of sleeping overnight instead of waking up in the wee hours wanting eggs.

I just really need to get my ass in gear and start asking everyone I know at all if they know anyone who might want to take a live in caregiver / caretaker position for 800 to 1000 per week.   That is not bad money and they can also live here rent free.

No comments: