Friday, December 15, 2023

Had an aide overnight last night

 I slept better and when I got out of bed to see if dad wanted to use commode or move to recliner he was already sitting in recliner eating pop tarts and drinking tea.  I'll have to ask A tomorrow to show me how she places the wheelchair and stands wrt to dad to move him.  Perhaps I'm getting the chair too close to the recliner or something. 

But when I went out to feed I found Lady hung up in the fence.   She had tried to jump over it from the outside.  There is a retaining wall and the fence is only about 32 inches on the outside of the pen, but she is not one to do stupid stuff normally.   She is alive tonight and nibbled some food, passed manure when I was getting her some soaked hay pellets tonight but she is very not right.   It is reminding me of when Dad's horse Stardust and a stroke.  Lady is all spooky when I go to walk up to her and seems very unsure of her surroundings and wanting to just turn in a circle.  That could be from the pain if she injured something but it is reminding me of Stardust.   If it was a stroke it might be a blessing if she does like Stardust and has a massive deadly stroke tonight.

But it is niggling at me that the aide parked under the tree near the fence where Lady was hung up.  Aide seemed like a nice gal; hard to imagine her hazing a horse over a fence and not telling me, or even seeing the horse go over and not letting me know what had happened and maybe Lady got startled by lights, or beep if the aide unlocked her doors remotely just outside my door and jumped that fence before the aide could see her.  Lady was not visible until I walked right up to the fence to see what Toby was barking at this morning. 

Dad had an ensure mid morning and then wanted eggs a couple hours later so his appetite today was quite good.  He is sleeping now.  The cat or dog was moving and making noise and I was like Ugh not wanting to deal with dad, went down and dad was sleeping in his chair.  I have GOT to make some calls, try to get the neighbors networking for me to see if I can some live in help or I may need to resort to putting dad in a facility this spring.   If dad's hearing was better, I think he'd do just fine in a facility, he has always been pretty social; but I do worry that with the poor hearing he would just feel displaced and lost. 

No comments: