Friday, December 29, 2023

I have an applicant for my live in caregiver posting, and I took a short ride on Tanza today

 Did a phone interview with the applicant and she seems quite nice.  She is coming on Sunday to check out the place and the situation.   If she moves in maybe I'll finally shake off some ennui, get my pickup trailer wiring fixed and have the BAT looked at by a trailer place and try to reconnect with the riding buddies by spring.

Right now I'm still pretty much just barely managing the daily stuff, feeding critters and dad daily and trying to do a decent amount of work and keep my job, but at least there are applicants for my current posting.  Most don't seem to want a live in situation but at least there is some generic interest.  If nothing else I can probably get folks to come in overnights.  Dad has lately been sleeping in his recliner and that does leave me sleeping more soundly; he is less likely to end up on the floor than if he was using his bed. 

The neighbor that helps on some weekday mornings was a no show on Thursday.  I should text her to see if she is all right.   I thought maybe she was just confused on dates cuz of coming on Tuesday because holiday but she didn't come Friday or text or anything.   I need to be much better about initiating communications. 

No comments: