Monday, January 1, 2024

Waiting to hear from the possible live in aide

 I'm very poor at reading people.   I got a feeling she was mostly being polite and isn't going to choose to live out here "in the boonies"; but I could easily be wrong there.  This neighborhood feels quite urban to me having lived in a really rural area as a kid.  But she got lost trying to get here.  Was on the correct road but didn't come far enough east to find our house and called me and asked if I could meet her at the intersection.  She said she had a family in Aspen wanting to hire her and would decide by Tuesday and let me know.  Also said she wasn't sure about being clear up in Aspen, so far from the metro area so who knows.  I wondered later if she was trying to get me to offer higher salary but no way I'm going to try to outbid folks who can afford to live in Aspen. 

I have had some folks inquiring about coming on the weekends and if I got someone good for weekends that would be big help to me in feeling safe to try to schedule trailhead meetups.  

I dropped the ball on work year rollover.   I logged in at UTC midnight and a bunch of stuff had started failing early in the day.  Oh well.  I was not on call and no one volunteered to switch Xmas weekend with me so that I would be on call for the year rollover so they can just live with the short outage they had. 

No comments: