Monday, February 20, 2023

Today I made dad fried eggs

 Noteworthy because I only eat eggs scrambled so I have no technique for frying them but I did them the way he recently described to neighbors visiting how he liked them.  He ate them so they didn't turn out too bad.   They were no doubt crispier on the bottom than his preference and I had to just hope that the runny yolks were cooked enough.   Only way I'm eating egg yolk not cooked solid is in a custard.   Also noteworthy because he requested them instead of just pop tarts.   He had pop tarts at 2:30 am after he woke up needing to use the bathroom.   I don't do great with interrupted sleep, but he was sleeping very hard when I went to bed about 10:30 pm and I just couldn't work myself up to try to force him to get up and use the bathroom then.  That would have postponed my sleep by half and hour or more plus the emotional turmoil on me so it wouldn't have been much better for me.  

I hope this is not a blip rally before a crash in his health, it is encouraging.  Yesterday P came over and visited with him for a bit and dad was coherent for that mostly.   He was talking about some huge brown dog had come in the house and I have no idea what year that was.   I cleaned the big horse pen with the snowplow blade P had on the tractor.   It worked pretty well.  I could only get loose stuff on top but since I had cleaned a few weeks ago that was pretty much enough.  When I'm scraping with the bucket, it is very easy to take too much and make divots plus bog the tractor down. 

The disadvantage was having to crane my neck to look behind to see what I was doing.  But some pain wizard on the neck and taking one ibuprofen at 6:30 and one again right before bed and the neck didn't keep me awake and it feels ok today.  

Dad was up again at noon and had a slice of pizza for lunch and then up again just now a bit before 4 pm. I hope this means he is over whatever bug he seemed to have caught during the early Jan ear and eye doc appointments.  Now if I can just find gracious words to let B know I don't expect her to ride with me every week, I just want to pick a regular day for having someone come in that is likely to be the better day for maybe riding together every few weeks.   I did finally ask neighbor to add me to the neighborhood text group.  I don't know how active they are but at least I'll get the general group chats, should help me feel less isolated. 

I'm all Yay Me, I remembered dad had done a vehicle registration in Aug and ran errands and it kicked his butt; but that meant he must have gotten tags for his p/u.  Looked in his car this morning and found them.  Then I dragged out the kerosene heater I bought 15 years ago, wiped and blew dust out of it and poured in some of my old diesel and it fired right up.   Hopefully it will start and stay on outside on Wed and the farrier can at least warm his hands up.   When I was on FB I would have posted these fun little triumphs there.  Now I'm like,  sis, nor B really want to interrupt their life for a couple minutes to read a just a little tidbit from my life, text.   I've been kind of tempted to go back to FB lately but telling myself "no, don't give Zuckerberg and his commie buddies any extra info to use against you, plus you do not want to be tempted to over share frustrations about dad and have some Karen sic the state on you, or red flag law him or invite some other big brother 1984 dystopia outcome"  

No comments: