Sunday, February 12, 2023

I missed the regional endurance convention

 It has usually been the Saturday before Presidents day.   But that is later this year so they had the convention yesterday.   I had thought I would go to the banquet to visit but not do the whole day with wanting to have an aide in to be gone for more than a couple hours but not wanting to figure out several hours of stuff for them to do; and I was not 100% excited to even go to the banquet, but moot point now since it was last night.   

I have got to make a point of taking better care of me and my stuff.   I've been managing to keep horses fed and take basic care of dad but neglecting me.  That is not just a "super busy now with dad care in the mix"; I have been punting on getting to a dentist for two years since not working in Boulder anymore and didn't feel like driving in just for dental visit; but not getting in gear to find a new dentist close by; and punting on the mammogram and on the colol-rectal screening, which is just drop off a poop sample, not the hassle of bowel flush and colonoscopy.  

But I also forgot my chiro appt last month and then felt so busy, plus felt bad about forgetting it that I haven't made a new one and I need to get my p/u serviced and the trailer lights cord replaced and turn signal fixed.   Must remember to ask them to check fuse? or sensor for the heat.   The temp gauge has been stuck on the cold setting when I drive it and it has radiator fluid and blows warm air from the heater.   Then I need to get my car serviced too.  I had decided I was not going to have either in a shop until I had proof of insurance for dad's vehicles.  I think those should arrive early this week.  

And I also need to text B and see if she is willing to ride with me this spring.  I've been so cold that I keep going "oh no, I don't even want to think about hauling out to ride but I should try and get away from the place a couple times a month. 

No comments: