Friday, August 6, 2021

FNM We are in the top 10 worst air quality cities in the world right now 11!

 Meh,  we have some smog going with smoke from some big fire somewhere and I suppose summer air patterns are making ozone linger near the surface.    The local FNM are always in alarm mode about something; so its impossible to take them seriously about anything.   I am not noticing crappy air like when I was in Delhi, India 22 years ago.   To be fair, Delhi air had a sulfur tang that irritated my throat; I wasn't having any breathing difficulties.   I suppose asthma patients may be having some issues here, but it doesn't seem very bad to me.   I suppose it will give them another excuse for the crappy economy.  "People stayed home because of bad air quality and delta variant concerns"    

And they'll imply that the I-70 shutdowns for mudslides is climate change rather than piss poor planning and management by C-DOT.  It is known that we get monsoon rains in July-August and the mountains can get heavy afternoon thunderstorms even w/o the monsoon moisture train, and the fires were certainly out by this spring.  But they didn't procure chippers and turn dead trees into mulch to mitigate, nor have any efforts to plant annuals or shrubs that could have gotten going in a few months and helped soak up rain, or put in berms to direct runoff so it wouldn't all go rushing over the interstate.   Not to mention that forest management was neglected for decades so that those areas were ripe to have huge fires because of how overcrowded the trees were.   The country and especially this state are being run like 3rd world shitholes; infrastructure is only ever addressed in emergency mode after a failure.   

No comments: